Experienced Audio Visual Engineering Technician Required
At Rockbrook AV we focus on the high technology and highly engineered spectrum of the Audio Visual business. We now have a vacancy for an “Audio Visual Engineering Technician” role within our organisation. The successful applicant will provide project based engineering and ongoing system support for AV projects and installations to some of Ireland and the UK’s biggest visitor attractions and large scale Audio Visual deployments. We push the boundaries of AV technologies and their applications and integrations into IT technologies. If you have at least 2 years experience in a similar role and are interested in growing your career with a progressive AV company we would like to hear from you.
- Support of existing installations and client support
- Engineering documentation
- System testing
- Systems installations (Secondary role)
- Wiring of IT and AV equipment racks
- Assistance to our engineering with project commissioning
- Content and media installation
- Excellent people skills with a friendly and outgoing personality as the role will involve client interactions
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
- Good IT skillset (Ability to navigate networks and PC operating systems)
- Good CAD abilities, training will be provided on our systems.
- Very good understanding of Audio Visual technologies, protocols, and a good general knowledge of typical audio visual equipment sets such as projections, displays, speakers, amplifiers, media players
- Good knowledge of the various file types used in media delivery and when to use which types where.
The candidate will eventually gain exposure to the following and training will be provided, but any previous experience would be an advantage.
- AV systems programming
- Experience with projection mapping or blending
- Any Programming languages
- Media editing
- Electronics / Sensors and wiring of same
A Diploma or higher in either of the following would be advantageous but candidates with at least 4 years’ experience working in a similar capacity would be considered.
- Media Studies
- IT discipline
Negotiable depending on experience